Sarasota is renowned for its beaches, culture, weather, and resorts. Bradenton, also known as the “Friendly City,” is located just north of Sarasota along Florida’s Gulf Coast. The neighborhoods here are highly sought after as they are wonderful places to live, work, & play.
If you have an interest in any of these cities, you might want to know about what each nearby zip code has to offer. This article explores the five wealthiest zip codes in Sarasota and Bradenton, FL.
34228 (Longboat Key, FL)
Longboat Key, FL 34228 is a beautiful and affluent area northwest of Sarasota. It has a land area of 4.13 square miles and a water area of 8.56 square miles. 34228 has a large percentage of houses offering affordable chic style, condominiums located a short distance from the beach, and multimillion luxury waterfront estates.
Here are some quick stats on 34228:
- There are 7,598 residences in Longboat Key, FL 34228.*
- The average income there is $185,914.00.**
- The average sales price is $1,153,773.***
34242 (Siesta Key, FL)
34242 is in Sarasota County. Comparing it with other zip codes in Florida, 34242 is classified as middle-class socioeconomically. Here are some quick stats about Siesta Key, FL.
Here are some quick stats on 34242:
- There are 7,010 residences in Siesta Key, FL 34242.*
- The average income there is $171,317.**
- The average sales price is $1,172,650.***
34236 (Downtown Sarasota, FL)
34236 covers less area than other nearby zip codes and has a moderately higher than average population density. It also has an increased number of residential properties. Two-bedroom residences are the most common availabilities, but there are one-bedroom, three-bedroom and studio apartments available as well.
Here are some quick stats on 34236:
- There are 9,902 residences in Downtown Sarasota, FL 34236.*
- The average income there is $127,867.**
- The average sales price is $1,483,300.***
34201 (University Park, FL)
34201 has an area slightly less than the average zip code in the U.S. It also has a smaller population density. These values are higher than norm, making 34201 one of the most upscale zip codes in Manatee County. Most of the households in this area have a mortgage or are owned, and most owners built them in the 2000s.
Here are some quick stats on 34201:
- There are 2,318 residences in University Park, FL 34201.*
- The average income there is $146,134.**
- The average sales price is $604,192.***
34229 (Osprey, FL)
You will find 34229 on the Sarasota county map with neighborhoods in the upscale golfing community The Oaks and prestigious Casey Key beachfront mansions. It covers a moderately less than average area. 34229 has a land area of six square miles and a water area of 2.17 square miles.
Here are some quick stats on 34229:
- There are 4,275 residences in Osprey, FL 34229.*
- The average income there is $125,684.**
- The average sales price is $829,788.***
34202 (Lakewood Ranch, FL)
34202 is home to Lakewood Ranch, FL, a planned community in Manatee County and northeastern Sarasota County, FL. Lakewood is an excellent community filled with award-winning homes, pristine trails, and sparkling lakes.
Here are some quick stats on 34202:
- There are 12,471 residences in Lakewood Ranch, FL 34202.*
- The average income there is $144,186.**
- The average sales price is $709,419.***
These are the Sarasota neighborhoods with the most valuable real estate. If you are interested in buying or selling a single-family home, condo, or even a 55+ community, Candy Swick & Company is the best place to help you. Our inventories range in all costs and preferences, and we can also assist you in staging, painting, and landscaping, among other services. Contact us today and speak to an agent for more information on our services and products.
* Residence data was collected on March 14, 2022 from USPS – Every Door Direct Mail.
** Average income data was collected on March 14, 2022 from Income by Zip Codes.
*** Average sales price data was collected on March 14, 2022 from Stellar MLS.
Please feel free to contact our team for any further questions.
Image Source: Height Advantage Media / Shutterstock